Saturday 5 May 2018

New Swap Supplies & Where to Find Them

Hello all!

We all have them, some of us even hoard them (me!)....I am of course talking about swap supplies and various flatish goodies we buy to swap away with others.

Some of my favourite places to find swap goodies are secondhand shops....nothing is ever the same and you always find the most random things.  Most of the items are at pretty good prices because a lot of the shops seem to undervalue paper/flat goods....bonus for me right?!  Everytime I go to a thift shop I always dig through the baskets of things, the bagged goods, any card or stationary section they have, party supplies etc.  I love the thrill of a good hunt!

Some of my other favourite places to find things are nearly any dollar store like Dollar Tree or Dollarama, Daiso, Ikea, or sometimes even Walmart has some good postcards.

Today I went shopping and we stopped at DollarTree, Dollarama, and the Salvation Army (the one I go to has an amazing "stationary" section.....super unorganized and baskets of crap everywhere but the prices are super cheap!).  I found some goodies for me but most were bought to share.  I just love finding goodies I know someone else on SwapBot would really enjoy and I know I can't be the only one!

  • At the DollarTree I found some "decoration strings" that I plan on removing the string from and that will leave me 36 tropical bird diecuts...all for $1.25!
  • At Dollarama I picked up some Canada themed stickers and some page flags, each was $1.25. The stickers will go on future international happy mails and the page flags I use to label my postcards (they are easily removed and don't leave a residue if you buy the right ones which I hope I did!).
  • And finally at the Salvation Army I feel I struck gold!  I picked up a set of 5 Ikea cards with ferns on them for 99 cents, 30 vintage art & cool Bavaria themed cards for 99 cents, and 5 different "diary refills" with cute Kawaii characters for $1.99 for all. 

So everyone keep searching in your area.  Do not be afraid to dig in the bins etc and do not get discouraged....you never know where a cool thing will surface!

Until next time,
CrystalZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jetoy Postcards

Posted for @simcoe54