Thursday 12 April 2018

Maple Leaf ATC Swap

I was recently in a swap, on SwapBot, for an ATC with a maple leaf on it.  It was hosted by the wonderful Karmi53 in the group Canadian Swappers.

For those that do not know an ATC is short for artists trading card and is a piece of art you create measuring 2.5"x3.5".  I will be going into atc's etc in a future post :)

I struggled at first with this one but I finally got down to it and ended up creating a fun little creation I named "Oh Canada".  It isn't super artsy but I liked it and it was well received by my partner :)  I wish I had the talent for drawing & painting but I just don't, but I do enjoy mixed media & collage so that is usually the mediums I use to create both my atc's and pocket letters (more on those in a later post).


For the main aspects of this one I did some stamping on the background to try and symbolize our national anthem and decoupaged orange mulberry paper onto a maple leaf shape I cut.  On the edges of the maple leaf is some red Stickles.

Once I was done I packaged it up and mailed it off my partner in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.

I hope this inspired someone!

Until next time,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jetoy Postcards

Posted for @simcoe54